Monday, November 4, 2013

Lawyer Up

The next step in this dark journey was to shop around for attorneys. It was never a question of weather or not to fight back. I wasn't about to let my parents intimidate me and dictate how and when they would see my son. We needed to stand up to them and fight this.

My husband did most of the footwork. I'm a school teacher and can't really make phone calls and head out for appointments that easily. My husband has a night job and goes to school during the day, so he was able to take some time out of his homework time to meet and talk with them. Many attorneys didn't even know how to advise us because cases like this are rare. Ultimately we found one that we felt would be ready to fight for us and wouldn't bankrupt us with his fees.

Once we secured an attorney, we prepared our counter attack, or in the legal world, our "response".

No comments:

Post a Comment